Monthly Archives: March, 2010

1739 John Rocque survey map of the Manor of Wrington

A detailed and comprehensive cartographic survey of the Manor of Wrington, which at that time belonged to the Rt Hon William Pulteney, was undertaken by John Rocque in 1738. A total of four maps were produced in 1738 and 1739. The largest one was of the whole Manor of Wrington, while the other three showed […]

“Burgesville”

Thanks to research carried out by Jeanette Perry, Sally Greenhill, Sheila Johnson and Olga Shotton some interesting information has been uncovered about the three adjacent houses in Lower Langford, namely Nash House, Dring Cottage and Rose Cottage, which in times past were collectively known as “Burgesville”.  We relied heavily on Sally’s grandfather’s memoir for the […]